8/1 Revised: Here's the link to the Podcast!
There is also a link to download it on iTunes there too. Also if you go to lost.abc.com they have a few new videos from Comic-Con including a better quality version of the Marvin Candle video, and an interview with Matthew Fox. Enjoy!
Video 1 of 4:
Video 2 of 4:
Video 3 of 4
Video 4 of 4
Marvin Candle DHARMA Video (added 7/28)
Articles about the panel:
Okay, so what did we learn from this year's comic-con?
- Locke and Jin will still be part of the cast in some form or another. They were very careful to tread lightly on the topic so that we didn't know who was alive or quite where/when or how the story would be taking place. They mentioned something like "dead is a relative term on this series." Funny how that's changed since season 1 hasn't it? When they said "when you're dead...you're dead!" Of course, I think what they mean is that even if you're dead, there are still flashbacks to be told, and ghostly appearances to happen. Plus whatever is going on with Christian Shephard on the Island as well as eventually ol' John Locke when he undoubtedly returns!
- Mr Eko's story arc was cut short because Adewale (the actor) was tired of Hawaii! My my how that story has changed over the years!
- Video 1 above was talking about the greatest episode of season 4 (possibly of the show) "The Constant" Dez's Time Travel crazy episode. They looked to establish new rules for time travel that haven't been in previous stories...main point they made as always - Flash Forwards are written in stone and can't be changed by meddling with the past. (sidenote: LOST received their Emmy Nod for BEST DRAMA based on submitting this episode! Well deserved!! Can't forget Michael Emerson's nod for his outstanding BEN performances this season!)
- Matthew Fox showed up as a surprise at Comic-Con but apparently didn't really contribute much to the panel. Hey, I guess after a box office bomb like Speed Racer, you need to go to events like this and get crazy applause to reassure yourself that you're not a failure!
- Lindeloff insists that the island did not move in the finale. (hmmmmm Joke? or hint?) (7/29 - After seeing part of the panel, I think this was in reference to the season 2 finale not season 4 finale, so my 7/29 revised section below).
- There is yet another Marvin Candle video that was shown at Comic-Con and this one seems to be moments before the purge. He admits his real name is Chang and a professor at Ann Arbor, Michigan. Based on the EW article, it seems ol' Chang does not survive the purge. But the reason for the video is to insist that the Island research was valid and insist that the DHARMA Initiative be reconstituted. hmmmmmmm (video is posted above)
- (7/28) Just watched the video. Woaaa...that stuff was intense. Candle makes references that people will not view this video for 30 years. Then he mentions the president will be George W. Bush and that there is something called the internet. He urges the reconsititution of the DHARMA initiative in order to go to the past and save them. huh? Also, I could've sworn Ben was a little older when the purge happened (translation: it wasn't the 70's). But I guess with the Time Travel stuff going on, it's tough to know when the Island was when Ben was the age he was during the purge! Craaaaazy!
- Rousseau's story will be told in season 5! (finally!!)
- Vincent will return in season 5 (and might possibly be the first confirmed to survive the entire series)
Oh man, for a brief moment this morning the full video of the comic-con panel was available and I posted on the blog. I got through parts 1 and 2 of 5 and was on part 3 and then they removed it all! I guess we'll have to wait for the podcast! Here's additional information I found out.
- Question: When the hatch imploded and the sky turned purple, did the island move through time then?
Gift: DHARMA brand bottle of water.
- Question: A local news station told me season 4 won't begin until february and that there are only 2 seasons left, is this true?
Answer: Ummm yeah where have you been? We made that announcement in season 3!
Gift: LOST Calendar (ba dum ching!!)
- Question: What are your favorite episodes and seasons?
Carlton's Answer: Favorite episode - Season 4's "The Constant" Favorite Season - 1
Damon's Answer: Favorite episode - Season 1 Finale (loved writing it) Loves seasons 1 and 4 but mentioned that fans that stuck with the show will be rewarded and hopes that if this question is asked again in years to come people will say Seasons 5 and 6 are their favorite. They have a lot of "cool" things planned, he says. (consider me psyched!)
Gift: Eh I forget!
- Question: The guy told the producers "Shame on them" for tricking us in the Sun Flash Forward/Jin Flashback episode. But Congrats on season 4! Then asked about the Season 4 Promo with the cityscape underneath it.
Answer: Carlton says we have been looking too much into it. The promotion meant to reflect that part of season 4's story would be told in the real world (the Oceanic 6)
Gift: For slapping the producers around a bit, they gave the Questioner a Heroes Season 1 DVD. That's hysterical!
- Some of that DHARMA video made a little more sense too as the guy with the grey hair is a DHARMA Recruiter for the Octagon Global Recruiting Campaign. This was that commerical that was aired near the end of the season 4 finale. I'm guessing this will have something to do with the fall marketing internet campaign for the show to keep us occupied. He mentioned a website http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/ I haven't checked it out yet and am not sure if it's the same website we were given during the finale. (too lazy to look at my blog obviously!)
Stuff I've read lately, theories I've heard lately totally unrelated to Comic-Con
- I did read somewhere that Team Darlton stated something like season 5 deals with how the Oceanic 6 plan to get back to the island. But at the same time they stated that fans become restless if the core cast is separated for too long so they have factored this into their plan. Take that however you like!
- I posted a comment in the Finale blog about Christian Shephard and Charles Widmore. Apparently the actors John Terry and Alan Dale are signed on for recurring roles in season 5, but rumor has it that they are signed on for FULL-TIME in season 6. Hmmmmmm! I mean, that kinda makes sense based on how things are going right now. But it does leave a lot of room for questions doesn't it? And it also sets things up for a nice father/son reconciliation between Jack and Dad. And considering we know what happens when you've reconciled and fully redeemed yourself...does this mean that Jack will bite the big one in the end? Hmmmm I'm starting to think about this stuff as we're winding down. And right now I'm thinking in the end....Sawyer or Jack will sacrifice himself for the other's benefit allowing Kate to be with her True Love (whoever this ends up to be!). Sappy I know! But LOST does sappy pretty well!
- Okay, someone else told me about this idea...I'm not sure what I think of it. You know how in Kate's finale dream how the phone conversation says in reverse that the island needs them to come back and all? And then Claire hovering over Child says "Don't bring him back!!!" ? Well, she never actually mentions Aaron's name I don't think. She says "DO NOT BRING HIM BACK TO THE ISLAND!!!! DON'T YOU DARE!!!" (yep, I checked the trusty finale blog!) So theories are starting to go around that maybe Claire means John Locke (aka Jeremy Bentham)! I dunno, it seems like a stretch to me, but it could make sense! Who knows? It could mean Ben too! But considering she was hovering over her child and Kate said "get away from my son" I think it's safe to assume that she meant don't bring Aaron back. Still, fun to theorize isn't it?
Well, that's all I have for now, keep checking in though because if I find anything else out from Comic-Con, I'll be adding it to this post. I'll make sure to add a Revision Date to where I add information.It's been awhile since everyone has chatted, so I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the show as you've been in hibernation! Hope this helps fill the void of the long LOST OFF-SEASON! I'll be sure to post another blog after the next significant update is given to us. See you then and NAMASTE!
WOW. It's my first visit to Lost Addicts Blog, and as a dedicated Lostie since Episode 1, I'm impressed. Keep up the excellent work! Looking forward to a number of things: hearing more about Octagon Global Recruiting, an Emmy or two in September (yeah!), Season 4 on video, and of course, Jan. 9 - Season 5!!!
Thanks for the compliments lponch and welcome! I am looking forward to all of those things as well. Especially those well deserved Emmy's! Emerson probably has it in the bag. I'm sure Drama will go to Mad Men (another great show, but it's no LOST!)
Hmm - doesn't sound like much has changed with Darlton's answer as the the Mr. Eko actor leaving to me.
I know all the conspiracy lovers glommed onto the get DUI=off the show, but I had always read and belived that the actor did not like being so far from home and his family.
Loved, loved, loved the Candle vid - that was hilarious.
Darlton states that flash forwards are set in stone, that you can't go back to change the past. But is that not what Candle is asking to be done ?? Go back and same them?
Excellent point Mike - about the purge being in the 70's and Ben's age then not quite adding up.
Yeah, I didn't even mean anything about Eko's DUI. I thought they had originally said that Eko was only signed on for 1.5 seasons, but the way they they did that fall pod of 6 episodes in season 3, they had to force Eko's storyline to fit it. Granted, that may have still been the case. But I never heard anything about Adewale having ISLAND FEVER before this interview! lol
I thought the same thing with Candle's video and the producer's comments. So weird! I'm sure it's intentional though!
Yeah, based on the GHOST of Goodspeed in season 4 he said he was dead for 12 years right? And he definitely died in Ben's Purge. So that should have been around 1992. And Candle's videos were all in the 70's I think. Crazy stuff. I'm sure we're meant to be questioning all of this though! Maybe this all has something to do with how there were new washers and dryers in the 70's style hatch!
Maybe we'll know something more in 6 months!
FYI - I updated the Blog with Q&As from Comic-Con that I caught from youtube videos of the full panel, (before they were deleted!!! this upcoming podcast better be a video podcast if they're making people remove this stuff from youtube!)
Ahhh Doc Jensen highlights from Comic-Con.
"Question: I didn't attend Comic-Con and I'm too lazy to scour the web looking for a transcript of the Lost panel, so whaddaya say you save me the trouble and give me a quick rundown of the major Lost spoilers that Team Darlton revealed? — Nicole
Ausiello: Unfortunately, I'm even lazier than you, so I wouldn't touch that assignment with a 10-foot pole. I would, however, email EW's Doc Jensen (who moderated said Lost panel) and kindly ask him to do it for both of us. Below are what he considers to be the major takeaways, bullet-pointed for your convenience.
- Richard Alpert will figure prominently in Season 5.
-The whole notion of "flashbacks" and "flash-forwards" will be reinvented, suggesting that upcoming episodes will span multiple time periods and perspectives.
-Jin will be back, but there's no word if he's dead or alive.
-It was strongly suggested that Faraday survived.
-Faraday's notebook will play a prominent role this season.
-We'll finally get Rousseau's back-story, but Darlton cautioned that it would be wrong to call it a "flashback" episode.
Okay...so it sounds like we'll be doing Oceanic 6 in the future....and then "flashes" to the Island after they left. That's the only thing that makes sense! lol
Any Chuck fans out there ? Hysterical vid of scenes for the upcoming season 2 - including my boy Strahan of the NYG !
I'd say it is interesting to note that Marvin Candle did something with his left arm during the video and it was real, not fake...in some of the DHARMA videos it is prosthetic, no? Does this suggest that he DOES survive the purge or have I forgotten something?
Not sure if that Chuck video was spammed to us, but I did watch it and season 2 looks awesome! lol
Yeah the whole thing with Candle and the prosthetic arm needs to be explained. It probably revolves somehow around time travel. He had his fake arm in the Swan video I believe which was filmed sometime in the 70's (according to the video)....in the Pearl Video he had both arms and the film was dated 1980 (and also a VHS tape). The video explaining the purge said that it would reach us 30 years in the future (2008 - 30 = 1978). Goodspeed says he's been dead for 12 years (2004 - 12 = 1992). Something ain't right in the state of CRAZY ISLAND! lol
btw...the podcast from comic-con is now available. I am going to add the link to the blog!
Look this page too:
More Ausiello Scoop (with Jeff Jensen commentary)
"Production on Lost's fifth season gets underway in 12 days, so that can only mean one thing: Fresh intel is starting to pour in!
Sources confirm that Team Darlton is looking to introduce two new characters this season – and they're both as mysterious as they are lethal. They're also coming in as recurring players with an option to become series regulars in season 6.
First up is Caesar, a dangerous, physical and extremely intelligent male between the ages of 35 and 45. Although his intentions are unclear, this much is certain: He's as skillful at charming people as he is at killing them. He also has a dark past, but, c'mon, that much was a given.
The other newbie is Ilanna, a European female in her late 20s to early 30s who possesses great intelligence, but who's also dangerous as all get out. She's alluring and apparently used to getting her own way.
What does it all mean?! Don't ask me, ask Jeff Jensen! Better yet, I will:
"Caesar, eh? My mind immediately links to Planet of the Apes. Caesar was the primate that led his fellow apes in a revolt against their human slavers. So... remember when Ben made that cryptic reference last season to an Other that preceded him in leadership? The “Hostile” who ordered the gassing of the Dharma Initiative, a.k.a. “The Purge”? Assuming that dude ain’t Jacob, could he be this “Caesar”? As for Ilanna, she sounds exactly like the kind of lethal lady Sayid would fall for. So I’m wondering if the dashing Iraqi is due for a new love interest, yet another lady whose true motivations will be in question."
Um... my thoughts exactly! Thanks, Jeff!
Casting for both roles is just now getting started, so feel free to use the comments section below to state your case for a particular actor/actress. Woo-hoo! Lost (scoop) is back!
* Lost is on the prowl for an actor to play Dan, a high-priced attorney who can be friendly, but has a "real menace lurking below the surface." Paging Doc Jensen.... "Of course, Dan is yet another Biblical name -- Dan being another one of Jacob's sons. (Also see: Benjamin.) According to Wikipedia, he was the one who hated Joseph so much he conspired to have him thrown into a pit, then smeared blood on Joseph's robes to convince Father Jacob that wild animals killed him. My hunch is that Dan is a minion in the employ of Charles Widmore, someone who executes a lot of his dirty work -- like, say, working with Libby to further manipulate Desmond into that yacht race. Remember when Sun and Widmore seemed to strike some kind of ominous alliance in the season finale? "Dan" will serve as Widmore's liaison with Sun." Thanks, Doc! You took the words right out of my mouth! (Additional reporting by Lynette Rice)
Dan?? So we'll have a Dan and a Daniel? That can't be right, can it?? Daniel already gets called Dan as it is!! - In other news, I have read that Missy Claire won't be billed as a Season regular in season 5 but will be in Season 6...I wonder if she will make any appearences at all in Season 5?
By the way, that Annonymous poster about Marvin Candle was me, I forgot to sign in!!
the return of Ana Lucia...lol (briefly!)
more casting for season 5 (and possibly 6)
great...they've gone and cast an actor with a name that sounds like SAYID! lol that won't get confusing at all!!!
I'm excited though!
Ausiello spoiled that Flanagan's character will be back with a surprising connection. A reader then wrote in asking for more:
Question: Your Lost spoiler tease in this week's Ausiello TV is driving me nuts. Can you please give us a hint as to the nature of the connection between Fionnula Flanagan's creepy ring seller and "another major character" who is not Desmond? -- Vanessa
Ausiello: They're r*l*t**.
If you are not famimliar with AA he loves his asterisk quizzes - and they are usually harder than this one. This pretty obviously states 'related'.
Makes me think Claire or Charlie due to Flanagans characters accent.
Somewhere else I read that Abaddon (now on Fringe) will definitely be back this season
"Lindeloff insists that the island did not move in the finale." So am I right or was he really joking?
Christian will be back big time in season 5 and full time in season 6: Christian! AAURGH!
Yay, Rousseau will have her backstory told! I'm so happy! Yet not happy she's buried.
I don't want to say if you're right or not! lol But they absolutely do cover it.
Christian...hmmm. I don't think he ever really did come back full time in season 6. He is certainly in the season though. I think they may have changed their mind with how they approached that final season. And I think I know what they had in mind vs. what they actually did. And I think I prefer what they did! Never really thought about it until I was re-reading these casting announcements. Obviously, we cannot discuss this right now. lol
Post a Comment