Damon and Carlton arrived on stage after a brief video about THE OTHERS was shown (not sure if there was anything revealed in this video or just a recap). They each had bells to ring just in case the other gave too much information. Here's the general information they dished out:
- LOST Video Game trailer was premiered and is due out early 2008 for PS3, XBOX 360 and PC. I'm guessing this will coincide with the start of season4. The link isn't working for me right now from where I am, but it did last night. Game looks pretty cool!
- Season 4 confirmed start is February. Not sure why they consider this breaking news as we already guessed or heard this. If season 3's 16 episodes went from February to May why wouldn't the 16 episode 4th Season? Rocket science isn't it?
- Season 3 DVD Release slated for December 11, 2007 - Again, this was already announced! Rumor has it that there might be a Blu-Ray version for anyone with the advanced technology (rumors come from the ability to pre-order on Amazon.com)
POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!! Below, I'm going to mention a few tidbits the producers mentioned regarding season 4. So read ahead at your own risk. I don't really consider these spoilers. Really just little clues to help advance some personal theories on where this show is heading. We have 7 months to speculate! Here we go:
- Harold Perrineau (Michael) returns as a series regular in season 4 and was present at Comic-Con. He said he's excited to get back to Hawaii and hang out with his friends (not to mention start yelling "WAAAAAAAALT!!!!" again! Can't wait for that!) Damon describes that the WAY he comes back will be pretty awesome. Thoughts out there anyone? Would it be too easy to say that he has been with whoever Jack talked to on the phone at the end of season 3? And why no mention of WALT? What's going on there?
- A question was asked to whether Ben getting trapped in Rousseau's net in season 2 was accidental or intentional. Answer: Accidental, more information to follow in season 4
- Another question: in season 1 when Hurley saw a man fall past him in the building, was it Locke? Answer: No (they already confirmed this, what a waste of a question!)
- Much more of Rousseau's back story will be given to us over the next couple seasons. Maybe we'll finally see Montan lose his arm! (Producers always joke about this in the podcast because she mentioned it the first time we met her as she tortured Sayid)
- Season 4 will be comprised of both Flashbacks AND Flash Forwards. This is the direction I was leaning towards, since there are still a few back stories we need fleshed out (primarily Ben, Rousseau and Desmond). We'll probably need some history on where Michael has been for the past 22 episodes! I guess that answers the fact that ISLAND LIFE will still be the Present Day. So we can start speculating to how they're going to get stuck there, unless we'll actually be following them off of the island in present day. Yeah, I guess they really didn't reveal anything with that statement! Hmmm....a big question was if they started showing Flash Forwards how will they keep a secret who lives and dies? Maybe we're only going to get Flash Forwards of Kate, Jack and a couple others? hmmmm who knows? Maybe in 7 months we'll figure it all out!
- The only other tidbit I got was that they closed out the session with a DHARMA VIDEO about station 6, "The Orchid Station" and that the symbol was a white rabbit with a 15 on its back. And there was a statement that said station 6 was "not a botanical research unit." Yeah, your guess is as good as mine!
That's all the info I've found so far. If anyone else was at Comic-Con or has found more information, please share! Once I get my hands on the podcast, I'll update this blog with the link and any noteworthy additional information. (note 7/31 - I added below: links to blogs recapping comic con as well as the You Tube VIDEOS from Comic Con!!! Definitely all worth watching!) I guess the next thing we have to look forward to are the Mobi-sodes premiering in the fall which will feature the main cast members in 2 or 3 minute segments. Unfortunately, I don't have Verizon so if you're going to get my feedback on these, we'll have to wait until they're available on The Lost Website. So, stay tuned for more updates and keep passing on this blog to any LOST fans you meet! Tell them to bookmark for February! See you sometime in the future (or the past!).
Links to Blogs discussing Comic-Con:
Video of Comic Con Panel 2007
1 of 4
2 of 4
3 of 4
4 of 4
DHARMA STATION 6 VIDEO
Maybe Michael is on the ship thing...I think the fact that he makes a complete return more or less confirms that is how he returns...waiting patiently for the Podcast myself, I miss my weekly dose of LostTalk!!
Apparently the video of Dr Edgar Halifax was quite interesting because of the way it ended...it was ended in a panic - suggestion that maybe its the "Incident" taking place...interesting stuff...can't wait for the Podcast!
more info from comc-con...still no podcast!
Here is the video of Edgar HaliWAX, I got it wrong in my other post...Marvin Candle, Mark Wickmund, Edgar Haliwax...interesting...
It would be interesting to know what the whispers at the beginning were..and what the other bunny is about...there are people saying that the other bunny is something to do with the space/time continuum, like one is from the future or the past and they can't see each other in case something happens...like in Back To The Future! :p Also, at 1:09 of that film, it says "God loves you as He loved Jacob"...maybe this has something to do with the theory I posted and the "Only Fools Are Enslaved By Time And Space" from the Karl Brainwash video in room 23...
My head is SPINNING!!
Me again! In the video Candle/Wickmund/Haliwax mentions The Casimir Effect...Here is some info on what that means... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect#Casimir_effect_and_Wormholes - a little bit from that page about Wormholes and time travel..."Exotic matter with negative energy density is required to stabilize a wormhole. Morris, Thorne and Yurtsever pointed out that the quantum mechanics of the Casimir effect can be used to produce a locally mass-negative region of space-time, and suggested that negative effect could be used to stabilize a wormhole to allow faster than light travel."
Thanks David, not sure if you noticed, but I posted the videos of the entire Comic Con LOST Panel AND the DHARMA Video.
I wonder what's up with Marvin Candle having a different name in all of the videos. Crazy stuff with the Casimir effect. And the Back to the Future theory. I guess it very well could've been the same bunny. Who knows???
We have a long 6 months and change ahead of us!
Yeah, I noticed that you posted the DHARMA video AFTER I had posted it and rather than delete my post, I left it there...in my defence, it wasn't there when I posted my link! :p I did check!! :p I am getting too geeky now after looking at that video, I think I am going over to the bad place! :p
yeah...did you also notice something falling right before the 2nd 15 Bunny shows up in the cage? What's that all about? lol
It looked like a lightbulb to me but who knows - There is suggestion that the second bunny caused an Earthquake kind of incident, causing the lightbulb to fall and mass hysteria among the Scientists but I am not overly convinced about that...Do you think they'll give us some sort of clue to the video in the podcast?
i'm guessing the podcast is just going to be the actual Panel from comic-con. I think the video is just a bit of a tease to hold us over. It may not even be directly addressed on the actual show! Maybe we'll just see the final version of the Station 6 video if they actually visit that station. But if it is time travel related...hopefully we'll get more insight into how on earth Desmond started having premonitions!
It certainly seems to be leaning that way (timetravel) to me - It would be rather stupid of them to not address the video in some way to tell us what the hell it was about and if they don't address the station it'd be even more strange...
I'm out for a while now...
Lost Casting news. They just casted Jeff Fahey (Lawnmower Man) in a role in which he was the first and only choice. Judging from the picture, my first guess would be Jacob, but who knows?
I'm sure everyone knows by now that Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) was offered a part but turned it down in favor of Heroes. I guess Rebecca Mader will be playing that part instead.
I'm all in favor of them casting relative unknowns for these new roles. I'm sure after 16 episodes, they won't be so unknown anymore!
Producers chime in on their 5 new castings. Good stuff!
I'm coming in on this late but I thought the bunny time traveled. Like, the second one was actually the first one in the future. Possibly mirroring Desmond. Maybe sometime he'll loop somewhere early and see/meet himself as one of you mentioned a la Back to the Future. My head is exploding with awesome.
I know...this hiatus is driving me nuts! And now knowing that Fall TV is starting and LOST is still nowhere in sight! It's tough! But, gotta look at the bright side. The episodes that we will get in February should really blow us away. I have a feeling that we have 45-48 WOW Blogs (depending on 2 hour episodes) ahead of us over the next 3 years! lol
Post a Comment